Preparing for Your Visit to Silk & Stone Holistic Day Spa
SCHEDULING APPOINTMENTS AND SPA POLICIES
- Walk-Ins and Appointments Walk-ins are always welcome. However, in order for us to give you the proper time and exceptional service, it is best to make an appointment. Appointments may be made online, through the "silknstone" app or by calling us at 503-342-6859.
- Age Limit for Appointments We offer spa services for ages 13 and above. Minors must be accompanied by an adult in order to receive the service.
- Cancelling or Rescheduling an Appointment (Excluding Parties) Please notify us a minimum of 24 hours in advance for threading appointments and 48 hours in advance for all other services, should you need to cancel or re-schedule, to avoid being charged for the service. All no-show appointments or cancellations within this time period will be charged at full value. Spa Finder, gift cards, gift certificates, etc. will be considered redeemed unless notified within 48 hours of service.
- Spa Parties and Henna Parties Policies and Cancellations For spa parties or henna parties where one person is paying for all guests, we require a $100 deposit to book the party. The deposit is refundable only if notified of cancellations prior to 7 days of the event. Deposits are non-refundable within the 7-day period. The person paying for all attendees is responsible for any no-shows or cancellations within 48 hours. Please note that our weekend is Sunday and Monday so if you have an appointment on a Tuesday, please notify us by Friday to avoid charges.
- Minors must be accompanied with an adult for all girl parties of anyone under age 18 and will be asked to sign an agreement before minors can have services done.
- Please Note: All spa parties will automatically be charged a 20% gratuity charge and there will be an additional fee to book the space exclusively for your party. Any additional time needed will also accrue an additional fee. We offer spa parties on our off days and times as well. Please contact us for more details.
- Late Arrivals We are a busy spa so please arrive earlier than your scheduled time to fill out paperwork and to ensure we start on time. For late arrivals. we will do our best to accommodate you, if time allows, but depending on the time, we may have to shorten the appointment. We want to give each client full time and attention to serve you best, so please arrive early.
PREPARING FOR YOUR APPOINTMENT
- How early should I arrive for my spa services?
- Please arrive 15 minutes prior to your appointment to fill out paperwork and consult with your service provider.
- Physical, medical or allergy concerns
- Upon arrival to Silk & Stone, you will complete a brief questionnaire to assist the spa technicians in providing you the best possible experience and to assure your maximum safety and comfort. It is important you disclose any pertinent health conditions that may affect your spa experience, especially any allergies to foods. We use natural ingredients to make our products but some (not most) products may contain soy, gluten, and other ingredients that you may be allergic to. Please consult with your service provider if you have any concerns prior to service.
- What should I bring?
- We will never compromise your modesty. Our specialists will only expose the portion of your body that is being treated at the time and will drape you with towels as needed. For body treatments you are welcome to bring in a bikini or underpants. Men, however, are required to bring in underpants since our specialists are female.
- Can I bring a child in the spa?
- We allow children at our spa for all services outside of the treatment rooms which include hair services, henna, threading and makeup. All waxing, facial and body treatments are provided in a room where children and friends are not allowed. You may, however, bring someone with you to watch over your child while you receive the services.
- Can I Use My Phone in the spa?
- So that an atmosphere of relaxation can be maintained and as a courtesy to other guests in the spa, we ask that all electronic devices (cell phones, laptops, smart phones, etc.) be turned off and not used while in the spa.
- What is an acceptable tip amount?
- Our service providers do their best work for each client and sometimes go out of their way to cater to the needs of the client. Please tip your provider at least 20-30% for their services.
- I would like to purchase a gift. What do you suggest?
- Silk & Stone Spa gift cards make the perfect gift! We offer gift cards starting from $25. For a pampering service try one of our facials or spa day specials. Gift cards and spa days may be purchased online or at our spa.